Organization Development Consulting
Our consulting with organizations focused heavily on the interactions that people have and recognizing and acting on the patterns of interactions that emerge as people work together in various contexts day after day.
Nothing happens in organizations outside of the interactions we have and our work takes those interactions very seriously.
Our offerings below are practical, build sustainable skills and most importantly, impact the interactions people have day in and day out. It is here, in our day to day interactions where the power for change resides.
Our primary offerings:
Our work in strategy is founded on assumptions that tend to be quite different than mainstream thinking:
- The future is highly uncertain and unpredictable.
- Change happens through the location interactions between people in an organization.
- Detailed plans, beyond 3 months often inhibit the ability to respond to changes in the organizational environment.
Our areas of focus include:
- Where an existing strategy or plan exists, helping the senior manager or team rethink their role in terms of an uncertain future and how they can affect local interactions to more effectively focus those interactions on the strategy at hand.
- Helping senior management reflect on the patterns of interaction within their organization and how their own behavior can affect positive change that is aligned with their strategy work.
- Development of intentions that will act as filters to inform day to day behavior to help focus on the strategy.
- Coaching senior managers to help them understand and act into an uncertain future while still being accountable for the results of their organization. More information
This is a fundamentally different design to enable groups to apply new concepts to real work challenges and access the knowledge and expertise of their colleagues in a structured and self directed way. It brings the benefits of one to one coaching to build the coaching capacity into groups at a reasonable investment level. More information
SHORT DURATION 1 to 1 COACHING
One to one coaching does not need to be a long, drawn out psychological experience. It can be much shorter with a greater focus on transparency and altering immediate interactions to produce change. Our design creates sustainable change within a 12 - 18 week time frame and includes a team session at the end where the individual and their team work with new patterns of interaction while focusing on real business issues. More information
NEW LEADER INTEGRATION
Patterns of interaction between people can become entrenched quite quickly. It is important to establish the most effective patterns as soon as possible when new people join a group or organization. It is also important for groups to understand how they can re-look at their patterns of interaction so adjustments can be made as needed.
Our new leader integration process focuses on both areas. More information
TEAMS IN CRISIS
These types of teams are dysfunctional; with the primary indicator being that interpersonal conflict is the primary pattern of interaction. Typically, interpersonal conflict is a secondary outcome of problems with the way the actual work is done. Fix the work patterns and the interpersonal problems dissipate. Not so with these teams. Interpersonal challenges are primary and must be dealt with head on.
It requires a compassionate and direct approach which is what we bring. We help to surface problematic patterns of interaction and build understanding and practice to new patterns in a timeframe that realizes that quick change is critical to the organization and a significant stretch to those involved. More information
Our consulting approach is informed by the ideology of Complex Responsive Processes (CRP). Developed by Dr. Ralph Stacey and colleagues at the University of Hertfordhsire in the UK, Complex Responsive Processes is an ideology that offers an alternative to current mainstream thinking about how organizations develop and perform. We consult with you to see your current organizational challenges through this lens and rethink and act on these challenges in fundamentally different ways.